Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I Hate W-MART

My deepening dislike of the place that begins with W -- where people get groceries and miscellaneous sundries for their home, hair, garden, you name it -- and ends with MART has just about reached full bore.

The town that I live in has one, and it's always crowded. The town next to mine has one also, it is the most crowded W**mart I have ever seen in my life. It's like Christmas all.the.time. The next town over has a brand stinkin' new W**mart; it was hoped that its opening would take some of the pressure off the Christmas one, but I haven't seen that happening yet.

Anyway, so Friday night, I needed a few things. I usually go to T**get, but the W place was closer, and I thought perhaps that I could get in and get out without much ado. BOY was I mistaken. I managed to navigate the aisles and find what I needed without much trouble. I even got through the checkout alright. I went out to the car, unloaded the groceries into the trunk, and that's when it got bad. I had to walk across to put the cart in the corral; like a good customer who doesn't leave the cart willy-nilly in the parking lot. So I put the cart in, and I turned around to walk back to my car, when I heard the screeching of tires. This car was backing out of a parking place, and then gunned its engine and started racing towards me. He came SO close to running over me and making a big mess of smashing me all over the parking lot. I was so angry, but at the same time, VERY aware that my children were watching this whole thing. While I WANTED to jump up and down and say multiple nasty words and show him which fingers I thought he needed to see, I managed to refrain.

I know that it's not W-mart's fault that I almost became a really extra large road pizza. But I do believe that the whole crowded parking lot, feeling like a cow being herded along, fear that someone is going to buy the last bag of cheetos before you can get to it feeling might contribute to people behaving like a pack of uncivilized gorillas. Even the gorillas must be shaking their heads...

No comments:

Post a Comment